There are many simple tests your Chiropractor can perform to determine the possibility
of nerve irritation. If you can answer yes to any of the following questions,
you should make an appointment with your Chiropractic Physician for further
- Continuing headache-type pain that begins in the morning or develops in
the late afternoon.
- Pains that travel from the neck to the shoulder and arm, or from the hip
to the knee.
- Dizziness when you change position suddenly.
- Being told by some doctors there is nothing wrong with you and the pain
is still present.
Disturbances in the spine can occur from poor posture, falls and even a simple
slip on a rug. If the spine is suddenly disturbed in any way, a pinched
may be the result. You Chiropractic Physician is trained to treat
this type of condition.
Diagnosis: Pinched Nerve.
The Chiropractic Physician is trained in body mechanics and how to relieve the
cause of the symptoms that you have. The term pinched nerve
not a clinical term, but helps to explain why the symptoms you have may be directly
associated with the spine.
If you are suffering from radiating pain in the
- Legs, or
it may well indicate pressure on the nerves as they exit from the spine. Headaches
are one of the most common results of nerves being stretched, irritated or compressed
by inflammation in or near the spine. The Doctor may call it a pinched nerve
for easier understanding.
Undue pressure on a nerve may cause an increase or decrease in normal nerve
impulse transmission and bring about symptoms from headaches to stomach malfunction
and numbness in the legs. Since the nervous system is the first system formed
in the embryo, every function of the body is related to the brain and the
nerve pathways of the muscles, organs and bones. Your body temperature, speech,
vision and balance are all controlled by the nervous system.
Nerves Exit Specific Areas of the Spine to Specific Organs, Tissues and
Muscles in the Body.
- Dizziness, headaches, nervousness, insomnia, allergies, sore throat, head
colds, ringing in the ears, etc.
- Stiff neck, asthma, arm and shoulder pain, etc.
- Stomach and digestive disorders.
- Kidney and urinary problems.
- Bowel and female problems, such as menstrual cramps and irregular periods.
- Low back pains, sciatica, leg and knee pains, etc.
- Swelling of the ankles and ankle discomfort.
This list of symptoms is just a sample and is not meant to be inclusive.
Call your Chiropractor today and make an appointment to find the cause of
your symptoms. Only then can treatment begin and symptoms relieved!